The Bold Type has been trending on Netflix for a while now and chances are slim that you would have missed watching the series! Though at different stages in life, one has been hooked on to the “Sex and the City” and “Gossip Girl” series, post which one is always hesitant whether one will take to another series through and through!!! I will be honest, initially it did require a bit of an effort but now I am clearly hooked to it. So much so that I got inspired to write about it as well.
Well, most of these shows though invite enough eyeballs and fans, there is always a section of society that comes up with harsh criticism. Though I am yet to come across pieces on, “The Bold Type” but I am sure there would be someone dissecting it left, right and centre. I don’t necessarily have a problem with that but I feel a fun watch should be taken in the spirit it is intended to cater. There are definitely some bold instances and personalities in the series but so are they in real life too. Also, it touches upon and openly discusses about some important issues, for it is the “BOLD” type!
Let me focus on what I enjoyed and loved the most as I am currently just nearing the close of Season 4!
- New York City– Everytime I have seen the skyline or the streets of New York in the series, I have just wished to be magically transported their in no time. The buzz, the vibe and just the coolness- has been very pleasing and inviting. I too want to sashay down its streets in fancy heels and softly curled hair with coffee in a hand and on a mission to get somewhere asap!
And yes, checking out a new bar every now and then or perhaps trying something fun and unique with my girlfriends in the city would be a big YES for me!
- Girl Power- I cannot stress enough how therapeutic is just being around your girls. Yes, we do love the men in our lives but the time spent with the girl gang is unmatched. Just watching that bond on the show has been a delight and has made me remember and treasure all the fabulous women in my life more than ever! Whether it is salon date together or just knocking at each other’s home post work- best time is guaranteed even doing nothing!!!
- Fashion and Beauty Inspiration- I will be honest I relate most to Sutton’s (show name) dressing style. But overall the series is high on some good fashion and beauty trends. I have fallen for good eye make-up ever since I have seen the gorgeous looks spotted by Jacqueline Carlyle (show name). Well, office wear gets a whole new meaning in the series and I am not complaining for I too choose to dress well to work well.
- The Big Boss- The show thankfully for a change shows that you can be lucky with a good boss as well. Not all of them are tyrants. And Jacqueline is just the boss you would dream off. She is confident, secure and excellent at what she does! She stands up for her employees and is just so inspirational to work with. Well, icing on the cake being she is willing to take risks no matter what!
- Beauty and Brains– These girls are undoubtedly well turned out but there is more to them than just that. They take some bold life decisions, don’t hesitate to not follow the herd, be change makers and yes, stand up for what they believe in.
You may not necessarily agree with all their decisions nor did I but maybe we don’t agree with everyone all the time!
Waiting for Season 5 already!
Image Credits: The Bold Type official instagram page (@theboldtypetv)